Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crossed Wing




Happy New Year!!!!

This past summer I came across a lovely design. A HUGE design with flowers and hummingbirds and butterflies. It was quite lovely. AND THEN... I saw someone's blog that was stitching it on a hand dyed fabric. And that hand dyed fabric was actually done FOR this design, by the actual designer of this lovely flower garden. http://www.crossedwing.com/

Quickly I got on the phone and called her to see if she was still doing that since this was a few years old and YES! She ordered fabric for me (a very large piece of 32 ct. linen... somewhere in the ball park of 28x50"-- did I mention it was huge?) I dont even remeber the finished size, maybe its 20x36?

Today I will show you my fabric and the design. Today or sometime this week I'll take it off the frame and snap some smaller shots and post them.

~Narita

1 comment:

Gabi said...

That must look fantastic. It's such a beautiful design. Looking forward to see more of it.