Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Friday, May 6, 2011

Valerie's Gift



Today we celebrated my best friend, Valerie's birthday :)


I thought of her when I saw this kit on The French Needle's website because she loves little boxes. It didn't come with any trim, so I found this black and white gingham at the fabric store. When it comes to "finishing," I really procrastinate, but I just love how it turned out!

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a sweet present, love the trim, it's just right.

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

this is so adorable!!!

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

this is so adorable and happy!!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

nicely stitched & a lovely gift :)

Valerie Kalyani said...

And I just love it! She makes me think of Eliza Doolittle. The trim is such a perfect choice too and really sets it off.