Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chatelaine Alpine

This is my version of Alpine Meadows. I chose a hand dyed cloud-like linen because clouds just seemed so perfect for this design. I made some changes in the flowers around the edges to better represent the season changes. I chose not to make the design square and will have a mat cut for this in a specialty shape. Such a pretty design. Lots of fun to stitch.

4 comments:

twinpeakprimitives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
twinpeakprimitives said...

I am amazed by your blog especially by this special work!

Your are an incredibly gifted stitcher.

Congratulations...

PS: I've seen a mistake into my previous comment, therefore I deleted..

Veronica said...

Gorgeous stitching! I'm in awe. Such a beautiful design. I have this in my stash. Sure hope mine turns out as great as yours did if I ever get around to stitching it.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Isabelle said...

Your Alpine garden is really a beauty : congrats on such a wonderful finish :-))
Isa