Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A new adventure

I think I may get temporarily diverted from stitching. /gasp! Only occasionally. I met an incredibly talented woman who is fun and enlightening to be around. She makes glass beads. I've always wanted to learn how to make them. And, well...seeing as how I often get what I ask for... I met this wonderful lady and she is going to teach me how! I put this necklace together (with some of my beads) for her to donate to the cancer fund raiser happening this weekend. I also made another necklace, a matching pair of earrings (all with dolphins on them) and a bracelet. Fun!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! I can't wait to see your necklace/jewelry projects.

Ann said...

I have the same wish! Learning how to make glass beads ... lucky you!
I'm curious to see your further exploits.
Have a nice weekend!
Ann