Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Sunday, April 14, 2013

Evening in the Park Street Lights

If you look closely at the middle light, you can see a slight glisten. I added iridescent filament to give a bit of shine to the lights. Of course it shows much prettier in person. Cameras take a bit of it away...

6 comments:

Annette-California said...

So beautiful! I love getting to see the lamp posts stitched. I know its a challenge to capture the beauty of the twinkles but yes I can see some them. Lovely.
love Annette

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I really like how the lamplight glows!

Margaret said...

All of your stitching is so beautiful! Wow! Thanks for commenting on my blog. :D

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

Wonderful. The background is perfect to set off those golden street lamps, lit early on a foggy evening.

SnowySticher said...

Love this

Jan Gartlan said...

That is devine