Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Another Chatelaine Design--Alpine Seasons





YES!
I've framed up Alpine Seasons.
I just loved this design when I saw it. Years ago. Several.
Its been stitched and folded up neatly in my "finished" basket.

I had visions of stitching it on a hand dyed fabric that resembled clouds.
It might be hard to see in this picture, but it came out just like I wanted.

The mat I chose is suede. I just love the richness of suede mats.
I imagine you've noticed I use lots of them!

It took a bit of looking for the perfect frame, but I think I found it! I wanted it to look rustic, like the cabin.

Now, if you are a "regular" with Chatelaine things, you might notice that mine doesn't look exactly like most of them. I left of the outer border because I wanted to be different. I liked the idea of a hexagon mat. The other big thing I did that was a deviation from the original is, I changed the colors of the flowers around the center so they would better reflect the changing of the seasons.

You probably noticed that the trees have more snow in the winter section and the amount of water in the streams are different, as are the snow on the hills. (Hence the name, Alpine Seasons)

I will attach a picture below this that will show the center much closer so you can get an idea.


I have run out of room on my walls, as you can probably imagine (This framed piece is like 25 inches square, maybe bigger with the mat, actually...) so I told my sister that she was welcome to take it home to her house for awhile. It fits her house look.  She seemed really happy about it. I haven't been there yet to see where she put it, but I shall soon.

Ha. If you look at the bottom part of the framed piece, you can probably see my kitty, Alicon's reflection in the glass. lol
He was very interested!

4 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful work...love the suede mat.
Beautiful Kitty!
Lucky Sister!
;)

Vickie said...

Really awesome! Your sister must be so happy.

Meari said...

Both of them are beautiful!

Vilma said...

I really loved the changes that you made! It turned out wonderful!!!
Hugs, love, Vilma.