Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Thursday, April 24, 2014

I joined!

I was thinking about joining the "Stitch from your stash" blog but I didn't find out about it until it was too late. But I did find this stitching blog called :

2014 WIPocalypse
"Stitch like its the end of the world"

LOL. It looks like the only real requirements are to post a picture of my work at the Full Moon each month.

Well, that's pretty doable.
Especially since I already have that Moon thingy at the bottom of my page!

And... there are not really any RULES. AND, anyone can join!

Each month there is a topic to talk about.
I'm not clear where we are to post about that, but I think its to be done on each of our blogs. So that is what I will do.

April's topic is to tell how you store your stash.

Well, mine's a big mess right now and I don't really have it very organized. 
The fabric is in plastic boxes, separated by count...the DMC is rolled on those little spools--except the extras are in another box, sort of organized in baggies. Charts are organized in a file box by topic. Kits are in yet another box. Already started things in another box. And most of those boxes are stacked on top of each other and rather difficult to get to as they are "hiding"  (NOT!) behind my rocking chair.

I sooooooooo need to reorganize.

How do YOU store YOUR stash?

Please do share, maybe I can get inspired by your ideas.

~Narita
 
p.s. Aileen, please email me, I can't find your email anywhere.

 

3 comments:

Aileen said...

Hi Narita, I sent on an email to narita@meowmail-I hope that was right?
Best wishes, Aileen

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome to the WIPocalypse!

The original idea was to get all our WIPs stitched before the Apocalypse back in 2012. Obviously that didn't actually happen so we are continuing to stitch just in case the world ends suddenly!!

hbksloss said...

Thanks for the info, will look up the full moon stash blog, sound great! I keep my threads in unsealed zip locks by type and in plastic bins. Linens and canvas are mostly flat on a shelf. I also pull threads for projects (from stash or stores) and keep with charts/instructions in bags in different wicker baskets, ready to be grabbed and to start stitching.

Please share when you hold your stitch-ins. When I get back to the bay arean this summer, I would like to join you. I enjoyed our time together at the holiday/xmas tea last January!