Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Saturday, April 5, 2014

Silver Lining Fuchsias





Oh look what I found in my mother's things!
Pretty pink fuchsias!

Growing up there were fuchsias growing alongside our home. I always thought they looked like ballerinas.

When going through some of my mother's things, I found this lovely stitched piece. I did not even remember her stitching them. Maybe she stitched them as a gift for me...knowing how much I would love them. Especially because I love the colors.

I found this pretty frame in the bargain bin of my frame shop and I had my favorite lady, Donna pick out this lovely suede mat (which looks darker in this picture, and not near as pretty as it REALLY is). I wanted her to cut the mat to match the designs in the frame somewhat. So we played on her computer and came up with this. I just love it.

I'm sure my mum is smiling from Heaven...

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Very pretty results!

Aileen said...

What a lovely and very moving story. I can 'feel' the love from the picture-and know your Mum is delighted with your shared creativity and her gift finding it's way to you... You've done a wonderful job of honouring that connection with your elegant finishing of this sweet piece.

Tim Kavi said...

there is something so special about mums...their teaching love, their warm giving of life--across the waves of transcendent bliss--we can only glimpse their greatness and forever be changed and taught...you have honored your mum! So artistic, so delightful, wonderful! hugs from ~Tim Kavi

Chris said...

Lovely framing on this piece. So nice to have something that your Mom stitching hanging up.