Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind, and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
~W.B. Yeats




Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

~W.B. Yeats



Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My Goodness!!!!


HELLO!!!!

I really didn't disappear from the stitching world.
In fact, I just got back from a wonderful weekend retreat with my local guild, BASG (Bay Area Sampler Guild) and my other stitching group, Stitchers by the Bay.
The weather was lovely, the company super wonderful and the food was delicious. And we all did stitching all day long and into the night!
I think its like my 6th or 7th year.
EVERYONE should be so lucky!

So, this cute kitty you see at the top of this post was a Christmas gift from a friend of mine.  Her name is Janet (I sure love her!). Well, Janet isn't a stitcher but she somehow got a stitching catalog in the mail and she saw this kit and thought I would like it. When she told me she found me something to stitch I was a little bit apprehensive--you all know we don't always like or want to stitch what the next person does... but I really do love this cute kitty!

He actually had his whole long, tall, sitting body but I didn't think it was necessary to stitch it all. So I made him shorter and will see about making him into a zippered project bag. With cute Christmas fabric, I think he'll be great.

Anyway, I must run, lots to do--and I must walk my puppy now, whose not so much a puppy as she was!
She looks at me like this when she wants her walk. lol
Next comes the paw in my lap and after that, the BARK!




That's our 13 yr old Kuvasz in the background in protective custody. If Ruby had her way, she'd be all over the poor guy.

And here's our Ruby, caught doing something she shouldn't be doing!



Have a great day and have fun stitching  :)




3 comments:

hbksloss said...

Great to see you at the stitching retreat and I hope to see you again soon. I put the Angel info in my evernote to look up after my move at the end of April. Also wanted to share with you info about Goddess Summer Camp in the Santa Cruz mountains if you are interested. Go to: http://www.meganwagner.com/womens-initiation/wise-woman-training/ and scroll down. I will be there!

hbksloss said...

Great to see you at the stitching retreat and I hope to see you again soon. I put the Angel info in my evernote to look up after my move at the end of April. Also wanted to share with you info about Goddess Summer Camp in the Santa Cruz mountains if you are interested. Go to: http://www.meganwagner.com/womens-initiation/wise-woman-training/ and scroll down. I will be there!

Deborah at Tempting Tangles said...

Hi Narita! I have had you on my mind. I love the little kitty, too.

Lots of hugs

Deb